A Brief Biography
Dr Dore operates a private practice in Tustin, CA
Dr Dore is a board-certified rheumatologist in private practice in Tustin, CA and a Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA.
She is also certified as a clinical densitometrist by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
Dr. Dore is a past Chair of the Southern California Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation.
She is a past president of the Southern California Rheumatology Society and a past member of the board of directors of the American College of Rheumatology.
She is recognized for her contributions to patient and physician education and community service, including the development of Bone Builders, a program devoted to educating girls and young women about the importance of healthy lifestyles in the prevention of osteoporosis and available at www.beabonebuilder.com.
A clinical investigator, Dr. Dore participates in research studies of medications for treatment of gout, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other diseases. She has investigated anti-TNF, anti-IL1, COX-2, RANK ligand inhibitor, selective estrogen receptor modulator, parathyroid hormone, and other agents.
Clinical Professor of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- College (BS) – Pomona College, Claremont CA
- Medical School – University of California, Irvine
- Internship – Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
- Residency – Internal Medicine, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
- Fellowship – Rheumatology, Southern California Chapter, Arthritis Foundation, Harbor UCLA Medical Center
ASIM Board Certification
- Internal Medicine (1978)
- Rheumatology (1984)
Clinical Faculty Appointment
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Clinical Instructor in Rheumatology, 2016-Current Marshal B. Ketchum University, Fullerton, CA
American College of Rheumatology
- 2015 – Master Designation, MACR
- 1993-1996 Board of Directors
- 1997-1998 Committee on Nominations and Appointments
- 1998-2001 Representative to the AMA CPT Advisory Committee
- 1990-1991 Communications and Marketing Committee
- 1991-1993 Committee on Rheumatic Care
- 2009- Quality Subcommittee
- 1986-2015 Fellow
International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist
- President, California Rheumatology Alliance, 2016→
- Board of Directors, United Rheumatology, 2016→
- President, Southern California Rheumatology Society 2002
- Member: American Medical Association, ASBMR
- California Medical Assoc. Orange Co. Medical Association
- 1995 Distinguished Service Award, Arthritis Foundation, Southern California Chapter (“AFSCC”)
- 1996 Jane Wyman Humanitarian Award, AFSCC
- 1998 Marilyn Magram Award for Excellence in Community and Professional Education, AFSCC
- 2004 Harbor/UCLA Medical Center, Distinguished Teaching Award, Clinical Faculty, Department of Medicine
For a bibliography of publications that Dr Dore has been involved with visit Publications.
For a list of Dr Dore’s Professional Associations please see the Professional Associations page.